Tremendous improvement in Port McNicoll streets following the completion of the paving program is evidenced in the pictures above. In the first photo is a section of Fourth Ave. the main business section. From north to south the following businesses and buildings can be seen: The United Church, Zmuach’s Five and Dime, Dack’s Butcher Shop, Homer Beausloeil’s TV Repair, A fruit Market, Herman Sauvé’s Grocery Store and a Drug Store that may or may not have belonged to John and Ann Kent The last photo shows 7th Ave. looking north toward the public school. Third Street, running east and west, was also been paved.
These photos appeared in the Midland Free Press on October 22nd, 1958.
All comments and corrections are most welcome.