Thomas Chew and his brothers’ lumber mills were some of the earliest and biggest businesses in Midland. In this episode, Huronia Museum board member Rene Hackstetter takes us to Thomas Chew’s former house where we get to meet it’s present owners.
In this newest episode of The Huronia Museum Show, we examine just how the museum’s staff and volunteers go about preparing, designing and building an exhibit like this one.
The building was built in 1916 by the Victoria Harbour Lumber Company. President was then Fred Waldie. The building was built, equipped and maintained by the company for the people of the town.
–The Legacy of John Waldie and Sons: A History of the Victoria Harbour Lumber Company, by Kenneth A. Armson Marjorie McLeod, Dundurn Press, 2007 — from page 89