POSITION: Library Aide
Huronia Museum is hiring a Library Aide for 37.5 hours per week
for a 16 week contract. .
- Post-secondary education in library sciences considered an asset
- Previous experience working in a library is an asset
- Strong organizational skills
- Some heavy lifting will also be required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs – Access in particular
- Typing skills are a must
- Researching the correct Library of Congress catalogue numbers for new books in the library.
- Updating and maintaining the library database.
- Proper cataloguing and organization of the library and archives in order to create an accessible and user-friendly community resource.
- The physical preservation of the library’s book collection with the creation of mylar dust jackets and general cleaning of the books.
- Working with Curator to assess the physical needs of the library and archives to ensure the proper organization and preservation of the collection.
Please submit resumes by mail to:
Attention: Nahanni Born – Administrator
Box 638, 549 Little Lake Park Road,
or in person between 9 am and 5pm
no later than Wednesday, December 2, 2009.
Please call 705-526-2844 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information
This position and project was made possible through the Rural Communities Development Fund under the Internship Program